To be able to install an application on our terminals, it will need to be signed by us first. If you decide to program your own app, you will probable want to test it first. Since we only sign the finished app, and not the alpha or beta phases, you will need a terminal in developer mode (or debug mode) for this.
The first step is to contact your AM (Account Manager) or someone from Sales (if you are not a client yet). They will ask for a serial number (if you already have a 9220 terminal) or provide you with a terminal and will take the necessary steps for the terminal to receive an update so it's configured to debug mode.
Once you have the terminal, and you contact person informs you it's done, you will need to perform following steps to receive this update:
- Turn the device on (see: 9220 - How to turn the terminal on?)
- Connect to a network (see: How to connect to the wifi?)
- Tap on the 3 dots on the right side above the screen and go to other apps
- Click on PosSettings
- Click on update
- Click on Update from OTA
- The terminal will now look for updates and install them. This might take a while.
- You can now start using the terminal for your tests.